The PROGRASS network has been developed in the framework of different science-practice, demonstration and Interregional development and collaboration projects.
The PROGRASS network is focusing on the implementation of the adapted technology, for regional recovery, collection, processing, conversion and utilisation processes and “Integrated Biomass and Carbon Management concepts” to produce bioenergy and charcoal-based products from unused rural, semi-urban and urban grasslands and biomasses.
PROGRASS is a European community of practice-science partners working on an innovative and interdisciplinary approach that pursues the development of a sustainable form of grassland and biowaste management. The network aims at preserving biodiversity and cultural landscape, to use or re-use organic waste materials for energy or product conversion considering environmental, technical and socio-economic aspects.
- Knowledge transfer
- Regional Capacity building and Implementation and
- European and international networking
The PROGRASS network aims to promote European collaboration by joining forces for ventures and projects in the following fields:
- Promoting of biodiversity
- Promoting decentralised energy and circular carbon product production
- Creating „Wealth from Waste“
- Creating a positive climate impact
- Contributing to sustainable development (economic, ecological and social)
- Fostering interdisciplinary and intersectoral approaches
PROGRASS largely promotes European values and strategies.
The PROGRASS network shall serve its members in the following fields:
- Designing and managing local, regional and interregional IBCM projects
- Acquisition of European public funding
- Capacity building
- Community development
- Education/learning, professional development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
The PROGRASS network works along a sustainability strategy and follows:
- Ecological and climate sensitive objectives
- Economically oriented goals (for profit),
- Socially/community-oriented objectives (non for profit) and
- European values and principles (collaboration, support, joint standards (agreements)
PROGRASS supports Research, Development and European Collaboration on local, regional and interregional levels, involving political, administrative business and academia stakeholders.
It works both on non-profit and profit levels.